- Capacity: 16 passengers
- L.O.A: 96 ft
- L.O.D: 86 ft
- Beam: 18 ft
- Speed: 9 knots cruising
- Cruising range: 1500 nautical miles under power
- Type: Motor Yacht ‘ Schooner rigged motor sailor. Steel hull.
- Mechanical Equipment: 280 H.P Caterpillar diesel engine, 2 Perkins generators for 110v and 220v, reverse osmosis water maker
- Safety Equipment: VHF and DSC & HF DSC radios. EPIRB, SART, satellite tracking device, 2 GPS’s, 2 radars, depth sounder, flares, basic first aid kits, 2 tenders with outboards, flotation rings, life rafts with surplus capacity for all passengers and crew.
- Guest Accommodation: 8 double cabins each with private bath and 110v. Hot/cold showers. Each cabin has its own security safe. 220v available in salon area.
- Crew: All crew are fully trained and certified. Captain, multilingual naturalist guide, cook, engineer, barman, and 3 sailors.
Cachalote Sail Yacht Galapagos
Set sail aboard this schooner rigged motor sailor. Feel free to relax and enjoy any of her three wooden decks; maybe soaking up some equatorial sun, or perhaps reading with the wind in your hair and salt in the air.Cachalote I has been the "Smart Voyager Certification" for adhering to conservation standards and sustainable practices. Cachalote I also complies with all international maritime regulations and is SOLAS certified.
This is a beautifully decorated motor/sailer recently built in 2002 to meet all security standards, according to international marine safety regulations. Cachalote I accommodates 16 passengers in her eight cabins: seven upper/lower berths and one matrimonial cabin all with private baths with hot/cold water showers, fully air conditioned with independent air conditioning units in each cabin.
There is a common area inside amidships, another outside to the rear, as well as a small sun deck complete with lounge chairs where passengers can lie down and relax.
8 DAYS, SUNDAY - SUNDAY
- DAY 1: Baltra / Bachas Beach - Santa Cruz Island.
- DAY 2: El Chato(San Cristobal) Breeding Center Fausto Llerena
- DAY 3: Cerro Brujo (SN/PR/KY) Leon Dormido ,Lobos Island
- DAY 4: Punta Suarez,Gardner Bay , Gardner Islet ,Osborn Islet (SN).
- DAY 5: Cormorant (SN/ PR) ,Champion (SN/PR) Mirador de la Baronesa
- DAY 6: Santa Fe (SN/PR/KY) South Plaza
- DAY 7: Chinese Hut (SN/PR/KY) Bartolome (SN/PR)
- DAY 8: Caleta (PR/KY) Baltra
8 DAYS, SUNDAY - SUNDAY
- DAY 1: Baltra ,Seymur
- DAY 2: Twins ,Breeding Center Fausto Llerena
- DAY 3: Punta Moreno (SN/PR) Urbina Bay (SN)
- DAY 4: Tagus Cove (SN/PR/KY)Punta Espinoza (SN)
- DAY 5: Puerto Egas (SN) ,Espumilla Beach ( SN/KY/PR) Bucaneer Cove ( SN/KY/PR)
- DAY 6: Rabida ( SN/KY/PR) Sullivan Bay( SN)
- DAY 7: Genovesa , El barranco ,Darwin Bay
- DAY 8: Daphne (PR/KY) Baltra
- All meals
- Transfers in the islands
- All shore excursions with an English speaking naturalist guide
- US$100 Galapagos National Park entrance fee
- US$10 Transit Control Card
- Airfare from mainland Ecuador
- Bottled beverages
- Cancellation/medical insurance